POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : command line DV .avi program... : Re: command line DV .avi program... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: command line DV .avi program...
From: Scott Moore
Date: 13 Aug 2002 07:19:03
Message: <epqhlu8ia0332hacvsfpo1enj46v3g1hkf@4ax.com>
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:59:38 +0100, "paul simpson"
<pau### [at] realisestudiocom> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Does anyone know of a windoze command line program that can take a seris of
>sequential images and make an DV .avi file?  I've looked everywhere and
>can't find it!  There must be something out there....
>
>Cheers,
>
>Paul

Hmm, you could try virtualdub (www.virtualdub.com) you can open a
sequence of .bmp images (eg. image001.bmp, image002.bmp) and specify a
DV codec for the .avi output. It has a command line option which lets
you pass a virtualdub script file to it. I have never used it like
that so I can't guarantee it will do what you want but it's worth a
look.

I assume you are going to output the DV file to a device such as a DV
camcorder? If so, do you have a separate DV transfer tool? I'd be
interested in playing with it myself.

Cheers,

Scott